Designers are well known for their incredibly creative minds. They have such a unique imagination and vision that they skilfully transform into reality. Aesthetics is a very key aspect in designing that explores creation and appreciation of beauty. But some designers too get too wrapped up in creating beauty that they forget about functionality of the final product once their work is done.
Here are 24 design fails by famous designers!
1. A bathroom is one on of the tricky areas to design. Most of the tome, a marble-like design will be incorporated around the bathroom sink area. This designer probably had a great idea in mind but his choice of color – brown, with such a design gives off a filthy vibe to the entire bathroom. Thoughts of someone smearing their muck all over the area remain lingering in the user’s mind.
2. Arrows are notably the easiest way to point people to where they would like to go. With this arrow continuously rotating, one is left wondering where the McDonald’s is actually located.
3. Imagine the shock after a pregnancy test says negative yet you are evidently way over 8months pregnant. Well that is the message this couple is communicating in this picture. If the designer intended to advertise a pregnancy test, then how confusing this should be for the target market!
4. Unless Rotary phones have a way of receiving messages, this girl is in for a long wait. As much as this article may be intended to lift up spirits of those out their wondering the same thing, the spoiler is that in her case, she has no way of receiving those long awaited texts.
5. This photo heightens a mother’s worry even though she loves for some father-son bonding. Should that boy hit the nail, the screams will lead them all into hospital for a while.
6. The design of this Dublin Staff Relay logo must have thought of the best way to portray team work with inclusion of both females and Males and came up with this. Would you miss the relation between a man, wrist tie and collar, after all, he normally would not wear nail polish.
7. The controversy that lies in this Slogan makes you wonder if you would want to murder and frame the same people that you cherish so much as to want to keep memories of in a photo. Humor but also absurdity!
8. Not sure who is at fault here, the person who painted this cycle path or the person who put up the guard rail? Either way, if you decide to cycle down this lane, you’d better brush up on your bunny hops. Whoever is to blame here clearly did not feel like doing any extra work that day.