10. Vague answers
If you ask someone a straightforward question and they reply with a very vague answer instead of a simple “Yes” or “No” then they are most likely telling lies.
9. Laughing it off
If you ask someone something and they just laugh it off, they are probably lying to you. Liars will in most cases try to make you laugh as a way of dodging your question.
8. Exaggerated honesty
A person will try to exaggerate their honesty or even pin the blame on someone else. He can even promise and swear that he is not at fault. Don’t fall for those lies!
We understand it’s hard not to believe someone who seems to be sympathetic to you. But don’t be deceived and fall for their lies.
6. Answering questions with more questions
If someone is lying to you, they do not want to give direct answers. Instead, they will ask you more questions too. So look out for such people.
If you ask someone a question and they freeze or give a long pause, they are probably guilty and are thinking of how best they cane lie to you. If he pretends to be surprised when they find out about your problem, that’s a red flag too. Be aware of this sign of lies.
4. One-man show
Emotions change rapidly, lasting for about 6-10 seconds. So if a person acts surprised or over reacts when you ask them a question, then it’s a sign that they might be guilty.
A harsh tone or insults are also clear signs of lies. Don’t give up because the person might act serious too. Try to make the conversation calmer, and then ask the question again.
2. Repeating the question
1. Avoiding the answer
If you ask someone a question and they try to divert your attention to another topic, they are trying to ignore your question. So pay extra attention to the topic being discussed, make sure you’re both on the same page.
You can also pay attention to the person’s facial expressions. Here are signals you can look out for:
1. Constant swallowing of saliva, coughing, and a stiff facial expression. All these are clear signs that the person is worried about being caught.
2. An asymmetrical face. Facial expressions are always symmetrical when one is calm. If you notice that one part of someone’s body is more active than the rest, then it means their emotions are fake.
3. Eyes moving from side to side. If the person is not shy and their eyes moving from side to side, then he’s probably lying to you.
4. Eyes looking to the top right corner. This means the person is making something up on the fly.
5. Palm on the face, forehead, or neck. They are trying to hide from you.
6. Scratching the nose, the eyelid, or the earlobe.
7. Looking down and shaking their head.
8. Fingers in the mouth. This is a desperate gesture, and it means that the person unconsciously wants the truth to be revealed.
What would you say about this guy?
If someone is smiling sincerely, their eyes should be smiling too. So if the person is really having fun, you should see facial wrinkles near the eyes. The eyes should close a little.
Bonus: How about these girls?
Yes, they are beautiful, but don’t judge by appearances. Liars can be very convincing, so use our tips to figure out where the truth is.
Don’t be so quick to judge. It’s important that you give people the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes they could truly be innocent, even when they portray some of the signs listed above. But be very alert too and try to read all possible signs when talking to someone you suspect to be a liar. All the best!